I’m taking over Reedsy’s short story contest! You could win a $50 gift card and be featured on Reedsy’s blog!
Here’s how to participate:
– Sign up for Reedsy’s writing prompts newsletter before October 26th here: https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/
– Write a short story (1,000 – 3,000 words) based on one of my writing prompts
– Submit your short story to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up for their newsletter for more details! https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/
Here are my five writing prompts:
1) Uninvited guest. You have a few friends over for a Halloween party. We all just finished watching a scary movie when the power goes out and the door is slammed open. What happens next?
2) Time to find a Halloween costume! Write a comedy about the shopping experience!
3) Trick or treat. There’s a house that gives out candy. There’s a lighted path leading to the front door but everyone is scared to go to the door. Why? What are the rumors?
4) A little too much spiked apple cider. There’s a Halloween party going on at your crush’s house. You take a few too many sips of spiked apple cider to make to move to go to the party, but maybe you’re a little too brave. What do you do while you’re under the influence at the party?
5) I dare you. Your friends are bored and begin to play a game of truth or dare. When it’s your turn, you choose dare, but you regret it immediately.