Self-Publishing Money Tips & How to Save Costs as an Author // It’s no secret that self-publishing can get expensive if you don’t set a budget for yourself. There are four big things that will take the most out of your budget: hiring an editor, book cover designer, book formatting, and maybe paying for some marketing. I wanted to use this video to go through each of those potential costs and talk about things you can do to make things more affordable, especially when you’re someone who wants to make a career out of writing and plan on publishing a lot of books. If you have any additional tips to save costs when self-publishing a book, let me know in the comments below!
?Cover Design Kick-Off Event?
From September 25th through October 27th I’ll be doing a guided walk-through of the courses in the “Designing Book Covers in Photoshop” Facebook Group. Four days in October I’ll be going live in the Facebook group to answer student questions and discuss all things cover design! To view the livestreams, join the Designing Book Covers in Photoshop course or sign up for my Book Cover Design Course Bundle.
I’ll also be making posts on social media to do deep-dive into the courses so you can get a peak into what we’ll be learning! Shop all my courses at stoneridgebooks.teachable.com
- Shop the $1 sticker sale: https://stoneridgestickers.com/
- My Book Launch Planner: https://thebooklaunchplanner.com/
- Book Cover Design Course Bundle: https://bit.ly/coverdesignbundle
- Book Formatting Course: https://bit.ly/formattingcourse
- The Best Book Formatting Software: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUk_s4uSuNc
- Marketing for Authors Book Series: https://amzn.to/3ROMEbF
IN THIS VIDEO:
0:00 – Intro
1:04 – Quick announcement
2:07 – Set a budget
3:06 – Saving money on an editor
6:24 – Saving money on your book cover
11:01 – Saving money on book formatting
13:49 – Saving money marketing your book