Today we’ll be doing one really cute thing: making mini book art using book pages. Can’t get any better right?
I definitely can’t take the credit for today’s little arts and crafts session. Recently on Twitter I saw Kristen Martin post a link to a website that featured adorable miniature sculptures made out of the pages of books: check it out!
My mini sculptures won’t be as nice as the ones featured in the link, but I did make something pretty close!
What you’ll need:
- Silhouette Curio (or any Silhouette machine that cuts paper)
- 3-D sculpture you can download from the Silhouette shop
- Silhouette tools for removing paper
- pen cap to shape paper
- pages of a book!
- Download a 3-D pattern from the Silhouette Design store.
- Rip out pages of a book, but try to get pages with a lot of text.
- Place one page on cutting tray.
- On your computer, line up the cut patterns to fit on the page.
- Start cutting
- Repeat steps 2 through 3 until you’ve cut out the whole pattern.
- Start gluing. Look at the 3-D figure in your library if you need a guide.
I made a flower and a house, but there’s no end to the possibilities! Keep in mind, however, that Silhouette works best with cardstock paper. Using the pages of books can be a bit harder to cut and you may have to re-cut pieces if they rip or the machine doesn’t cut it the first time around.
Like what you see? Let me know in the comments below!